Odeon Ventures is creating a network of information websites to help students navigate through higher education options based on their needs. Our goal is to offer a comprehensive, easy-to-use and trusted knowledge base with a community focus to anyone looking to step into a new profession or start a degree.
Our core values include user focus, community impact and high-quality peer review to ensure we achieve a positive effect on the way people access information during a course selection. For more about us, see the short piece written by Ory, our founder, on what we do and how we behave as a team and as a company.
We’re looking for a colleague with digital writing and editing experience, and strong content design, HTML and CSS skills. You’ll be an integral part of a small core team working with founding members as well as a network of external collaborators.
What will you do?
- Develop and edit website content, blog and social media posts, marketing and other collateral based on data and user experience practices.
- Work with SEO and business development to identify user needs and correctly adopt design workflows to content plans.
- Directly edit HTML and CSS code to create comprehensive solutions to information architecture requirements.
- Make sure the content meets our tone of voice and brand guidelines and drives user engagement.
- Work on internal and external documentation based on user research and feedback from the team.
- Research a variety of educational and other topics and translate complex ideas into clear concepts.
- Work with internal and external designers, developers, media agencies, associated editors, the academic community and other contributors to manage editorial tasks.
- Ensure content meets the highest quality standards, stays up to date and is regularly audited for consistency, accuracy and relevance.
- Test and debug pages, fix user interface elements, images and other page parts to improve page performance.
- Support new page ideation and creation, functional site audit, and optimisation for site performance and improved user experience.
- Take part in shaping the long-term content strategy.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience writing and editing content for digital products, including website content and technical documentation.
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS platform or a similar web-hosting service.
- Ability to back content proposals with relevant data based on an understanding of content design and its place in a product development process.
- Experience working with creative communications, data analytics and SEO tools and an aspiration to learn more.
- Ability to work independently, own complex concepts and problems, and manage ambiguity
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment.
- Growth mindset with a strong desire to develop new skills and learn about new fields and industries.
- Ability to manage relationships in a humble, confident and articulate manner.
- Strategic thinking, strong research mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-starter comfortable working with a wide variety of internal and external collaborators.
- Experience writing in education or journalistic field an advantage.
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
- Regular compensation review.
- Support of further learning and development.
- Fully remote working environment.
- Opportunity to shape the development of the product as a part of a growing team.
- Rewarding experience working to improve the state of education selection and people’s access to it.