Odeon Ventures is creating a network of information websites to help students navigate through higher education options based on their needs. Our goal is to offer a comprehensive, easy-to-use and trusted knowledge base with a community focus to anyone looking to step into a new profession or start a degree.
Our core values include user focus, community impact and high-quality peer review to ensure we achieve a positive effect on the way people access information during a course selection. The company was founded by experienced entrepreneurs in the online publishing sector.
What will you do?
You’ll be an integral part of the content team working with wider team members as well as a network of external collaborators to research a variety of educational and other topics. You’ll need to translate complex ideas into clear concepts, and ensure content meets the highest quality standards, stays up to date and is regularly audited for consistency, accuracy and relevance. You will also develop and edit website content, blog and social media posts, marketing and other collateral based on data and user experience practices.
Building and managing our social media calendar will become part of your responsibilities as the time evolves and will include interacting with our potential readers and promoting our products on social networks. Integrated in the content calendar, you’ll be updating our social media pages, responding to followers and tracking user engagement. Ultimately, you will ensure we maintain a strong online voice and brand consistency with our product and marketing goals.
Your tasks will also include
- Work with SEO and business development to identify user needs and correctly adopt workflows to content plans.
- Make sure the content meets our tone of voice and brand guidelines and drives user engagement.
- Work on internal and external documentation based on user research and feedback from the team.
- Work with internal and external designers, developers, media agencies, associated editors, the academic community and other contributors to manage editorial tasks.
- Test and debug pages, fix user interface elements, images and other page parts to improve page performance.
- Support new feature ideation and creation, functional site audit, and optimisation for site performance and improved user experience.
- Take part in shaping the long-term content strategy.
- Develop and optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s needs and behaviour
- Coordinate with internal teams to create advertising posts (e.g., for events, open roles and product releases)
- Track and report on social media insights (traffic, engagement, shares, conversion rates)
Who are we looking for?
A colleague with digital writing and editing experience, strong content design and a social media presence. An ideal candidate will have an extensive experience with research and ability to back content and social media proposals with relevant data based on an understanding of content design and its place in a product development process combined with the ability to market products accordingly.
What do you have?
- Extensive experience writing and editing content for digital products, including website content and technical documentation
- Hands-on experience using various social media platforms to research and advertise industry events, trends and products, and actively engage with users across audiences
- Experience advertising on multiple social networks per user demand and engagement
- Native English speaker
- Experience working with creative communications, data analytics and SEO tools and an aspiration to learn more
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS platform or a similar web-hosting service
- Experience writing in education or journalistic field or interest in either an advantage
What is needed to be successful in this role?
- Ability to work independently, own complex concepts and problems, and manage ambiguity
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment
- Growth mindset with a strong desire to develop new skills and learn about new fields and industries
- Ability to manage relationships in a humble, confident and articulate manner
- Strategic thinking, strong research mindset and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter comfortable working with a wide variety of internal and external collaborators
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience
- Regular compensation review
- Support of further learning and development
- Fully remote working environment
- Opportunity to shape the development of the product as a part of a growing team
- Rewarding experience working to improve the state of education selection and people’s access to it
You will be working with a team located in Central Europe (Czech Republic, Malta, Cyprus).