Odeon Ventures is creating a network of information websites to help students navigate through higher education options based on their needs. Our goal is to offer a comprehensive, easy-to-use and trusted knowledge base with a community focus to anyone looking to step into a new profession or start a degree.
Our core values include user focus, community impact and high-quality peer review to ensure we achieve a positive effect on the way people access information during a course selection. For more about us, see the short piece written by Ory, our founder, on what we do and how we behave as a team and as a company.
We are looking for a colleague that will define and execute our technical needs while working closely with our Content and SEO teams.
What will you do?
- Address business needs and ensure they are coherent and fitting in with our long-term strategy.
- Recruit and manage external and internal developers and ensure the development is done according to our standards.
- Work closely with our product and SEO teams.
- Define the technical vision and roadmap for backend systems and dev-ops.
- Stay up to date with technological advancements and industry standards, including emerging technologies and technical solutions, to develop our best practices.
- Own and document our technical and development processes internally and in collaboration with external agencies.
- Understanding of web application architecture, from Front End to Back End.
What are we looking for?
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment.
- Strong desire to share your knowledge, push the boundaries of technology and help others improve their skills.
- Growth mindset with a drive to develop new skills and learn about new fields and industries.
- Ability to manage relationships in a humble, confident and articulate manner.
- FullStack developer able to provide solutions and support in other development areas when needed.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to make informed, immediate decisions with minimal long-term impact.
- Understanding of dev-ops and sys admin structures and needs.
- Strategic approach to problem-solving – you don’t just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again.
- Effective communicator – you can easily communicate across disciplines and break down complex information for various audiences.
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
- Regular compensation review.
- Support of further learning and development.
- Fully remote working environment.
- Opportunity to shape the development of the product as a part of a growing team.
- Rewarding experience working to improve the state of education selection and people’s access to it.