Odeon Ventures is creating a network of information websites to help students navigate through higher education options based on their needs. Our goal is to offer a comprehensive, easy-to-use and trusted knowledge base with a community focus to anyone looking to step into a new profession or start a degree.
Our core values include user focus, community impact and high-quality peer review to ensure we achieve a positive effect on the way people access information during a course selection. The company was founded by experienced entrepreneurs in the online publishing sector.
What will you do?
You’ll be an integral part of a cross-functional team including Development, SEO & Content. You will design a large network of websites, creating their identity, designs, layouts, and sketches. You will play an important part in creating clear and intuitive user-friendly products, building user interfaces, establishing guidelines and standards, and applying best design practices.
More of your tasks will include:
- Develop UI and design strategy that evolves our brands in an engaging way from concept to implementation with focus on web & mobile platforms
- Manage and develop a range of visual design and UI explorations based on the company objectives
- Use trend intelligence and user research to identify the impact and translate this into the design work
- Recommend and apply relevant user tests and design elements for A/B testing and ensuring its smooth process
Who are we looking for?
A passionate and experienced digital designer with an eye for detail, a wide scope of design capabilities, and the ability to take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, user interfaces and experiences. A colleague with mastery of the design process from research, developing concepts, creating pixel-perfect designs, and handoff to the development team with supervision of its implementation. An ideal candidate will be a hands-on, feedback driven professional who understands the collaborative nature of the design-to-live process and is ready to test and back proposals by data, best practices and other argument forms instead of acting on assumption. A skilled cross-platform user experience designer designing for systems, and not just devices, ready to demonstrate their work portfolio.
What do you have?
- Advanced knowledge of Sketch/Figma/Axure
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of CSS/HTML
- Understanding of and experience in a content-first approach in design
- Experience defining and developing personas to improve user experience
- Experience with writing design documentation
- Experience with project management tools and working within strict timelines
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress
- Native English speaker or working proficiency level
What is needed to be successful in this role?
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas to multiple audiences (development, content, and other stakeholders)
- Strategic thinking, strong research mindset and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, own complex concepts and problems, and manage ambiguity
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment
- Growth mindset with a strong desire to develop new skills and learn about new fields and industries
- Ability to manage relationships in a humble, confident, and articulate mannera
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience
- Regular compensation review
- Support of further learning and development
- Fully remote working environment
- Opportunity to shape the development of the product as a part of a growing team
- Rewarding experience working to improve the state of education selection and the access people have to it